Sunday, October 27, 2013

Supreme Union

1          lali mere lalaki, jit dekhu tit lal;
            lali dekhan mai gaie, mai bhi ho gai lal.
 
Meaning
 
The redness (illumination) of my Beloved (is everywhere); where ever I look there is only red.
When I went to see the redness, I also became red (illuminated).
 
Commentary
 
When a devotee realizes God, he sees illumination of God all over the world. He also merges into God's love in such a way that all the differences between him and God disappear. He turns into a part and parcel of God. He realizes (sees) only God and nothing else.
 
 
2          jin dhunda tin payiya, gahire pani paith;
            mai bauri duban dari, rahi kinare baith.
 
Meaning
 
Those who searched by diving into the deep water, found the treasure.
I foolishly feared drowning and remained sitting on the shore.
 
Commentary
 
One who wants to get some pearls has to dive deeply into the ocean. The person who fears drowning will not get anything. In the same way, he who wants God realization has to dive deeply in meditation, and merge completely into God's love.
 
 
3          herat herat he sakhi, rahya kabir herai;
             bund samani samund me, so kat heri jai.
 
Meaning
 
Kabir says: "Searching over and over, O my friend! I lost myself in Him.
Its as the drop that mixes with the ocean. Where can one search for it?"
 
Commentary
 
Kabir Saheb says: "I went searching for God, but when I found Him, then I knew that I was in Him. There was no difference between Him and me. I merged in Him just as a drop mixes with the ocean, and then only the ocean remains".
 
 
4         bund samani samund me, janat hai sab koi;
            samund samana bund me, jane birala koi.
 
Meaning
 
When a drop merges into the ocean, everyone understands it.
But when the ocean merges into the drop, seldom does one understand it.
 
Commentary
 
It is very simple to understand that a devotee merges into God, but it is difficult to accept that God merges into a devotee. Reality is the union of God and devotee and all differences are lost. This state is rarely found. God dwells in the heart of a devotee as an ocean is of the same essence as a drop.
 
 
5          naina antar aaw tu, nain jhapi tohi leu;
            na mai dekhu aur ko, na tohi dekhan deu.
 
Meaning
 
O my Beloved! Come into my eyes. I will take you in and close them.
Then, I will not see anyone else, nor will I allow anyone else to see you.
 
Commentary
 
Eyes are like doors, and images enter through them to the "heart". The lover of God wants to realize His beauty in his heart. He prays: "O my Beloved! Please enter into my heart and I will close the "door". I will then see you all the time".
 
 
 6         naino ki kari kothari, putali palang bichhai;
            palako ki chik darike, piya ko liya rijhai.
 
Meaning
 
Kabir Saheb says: "I made my eyes into a bridal room, and the pupils into a bridal bed.
I pulled down the curtains of the eyelids and pleased my Beloved.
 
Commentary
 
The Beloved, God, is so unique that to please Him the devotee has to have a special love for Him. The devotee has to offer his or her devotion in the same way that a very faithful bride gives her love and devotion to her husband. Deep love exists between the devotee and God.
 
 
7          chali jo putali launki, thah sindhu ka len;
            apuhi gali pani bhai, ulati kahe ko bain.
 
Meaning
 
A doll of salt entered the ocean to find its depth.
It dissolved and turned into salty water. Who will return to tell the depth?
 
Commentary
 
God is like an ocean. When a seeker wants to find His depth and enters into the region of God, he himself merges into God. Thus duality, which is necessary to give a report, does not exist. He can thus say nothing about His depth because that is indescribable.
 
 
8          jis marane se jag darai, mere man anand;
            kab marihau kab paihau, puran parmanand.
 
Meaning
 
The whole world fears death, but death will be full of bliss for me.
I am waiting for death that will merge me into absolute bliss.
 
Commentary
 
The person whose preparation is not complete, has fear of death, but if he had prepared himself perfectly, he will have no fear. Perfect preparation is necessary to get the best result in the test of life. When one is prepared, then he longs for bliss in union with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment